**Multiple Shifts Available**
1st Shift: Monday thru Thursday, 6:00am - 4:30pm
2nd Shift: Monday thru Thursday, 4:00pm - 2:30am
3rd Shift: Friday Thru Sunday, 5:00am - 5:30pm
Qualtek Manufacturing is a family-owned business with a passion for people and quality. We are looking for an experienced Chemical Processor or Anodizer to join our team to help us provide the quality and service our customers deserve. Our ideal addition to the team is someone who is self-motivated, team-oriented, and ready to learn.
Why work for us:
- Opportunities for cross-training, skill development, and constant growth.
- Eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Unique perks such as Educational Assistance, discounted gym memberships, and PTO for volunteering in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manually processing parts for Anodize, Type II & Type III with little to no guidance or at least 3 of the 4 processes below:
- Proficient manual processing of Electropolish line
- Proficient manual processing of Passivation line
- Proficient manual processing of Titanium Etch line
- Operation of Waste Treatment Center
- Test and Inspection of finished product.
- Assist Shift Lead with training activities for products and processes with qualification.
- Visual inspection of incoming product for damage.
- Racking or fixturing parts for process.
- Packaging parts for shipment.
- Documenting Inspection Plans and Production Logs.
- Process Line Start-Up and Shut-Downs.
- Gives direction to assigned prep. anodizer and/or anodizer trainees.
- Process material through chemical finishing processes by efficient use of overhead cranes, with minimum supervision.
- Produce ongoing line efficiently through timing of customer loads against maximizing process tank usage.
- Understands and is proficient in the operation of all tank procedures, process tank temperatures, running charts anodize tanks, special running instructions, proper rinse procedures, seal times and tanks for different finishes.
- Maintains required paperwork and process logs.
- Supervises training of anodizer trainees as required.
- Cleans anodize and etch tanks in his/her charge once per shift.
- Works with Chemical Technician on chemical additions and/or adjustments to keep process tanks in optimum condition.
- Responsible for proper care, safe and proper use of all tools, equipment and material used in the performance of required duties.
- Reports any unsafe conditions or equipment to Supervisor.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Willingness to take on other duties as requested by your supervisor.
- Able to read and write in English.
- Able to read and comprehend documented instruction.
- Able to write legibly.
- Able to perform simple math functions: addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division.
- Able to learn and use inspection equipment.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly throughout a 10-hour shift.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 6 months’ experience with chemical processing/anodizing.
- College level chemistry knowledge.
- Able to perform basic computer functions in a MS Windows environment.
- 3 years’ experience with chemical processing/anodizing.