Qualtek Manufacturing is a family-owned business with a passion for people and quality. We are looking for a Wire EDM Technician to join our team to help us provide the quality and service our customers deserve. Our ideal addition to the team is someone who is self-motivated, team oriented, and ready to learn.
Why work for us:
- Opportunities for cross-training, skill development, and constant growth.
- Eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Formal Leadership Development Program for high-potential employees.
- Unique perks such as Educational Assistance, discounted gym memberships, and PTO for volunteering in the community.
- A chance to live in one of the top vacation destinations.
- Responsible for the setup and changeover production / development wire EDM jobs.
- Perform preventative and / or emergency maintenance within the wire EDM cell.
- Program new wire EDM jobs and optimize / modify existing ones as necessary.
- Suggest / implement enhancements to the cell to reduce cycle / lead times and costs.
- Troubleshoot program and equipment issues.
- Generate work instructions and visual aids as required.
- Personal interaction with internal/external customers and suppliers.
- Work with logistics to schedule wire EDM jobs.
- Work with other departments as needed to setup and troubleshoot various pieces of equipment during resources shortages.
- Adhere to company procedures / quality standards and ensure compliance to customer specifications and applicable external regulations (ex: OSHA, FDA).
- Quote new work for internal and external customer.
- Strong communication skills
- Infectious positivity
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Eagerness to learn
- 2 year Technical degree.
- Must have 5 years’ minimum Wire EDM experience.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail.
- Have great interpersonal skills.
- Proven Wire EDM capabilities.
- Experience with Fanuc and Sodick Wire EDM controls.
- Experience with Solid Works and Esprit is desired.
Schedule: Full-time, Monday thru Thursday, 6:00am – 4:30pm